Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Car Insurance Victoria, Australia

Steve Oke Chapchap MarketAugust 20, 2019No Comments

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Car Insurance Victoria, Australia
Spread the love

CTP Insurance Victoria

Nobody enjoys paying bills, and your vehicle registration is probably no exception.

But a large part of your registration fee is made up of your Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance premium, which provides much-needed financial assistance to people injured in transport accidents.

From what it is to how it protects you, here’s everything you need to know about CTP insurance in Victoria.

Do I need CTP insurance in Victoria?

The short answer to this question is yes.

CTP insurance is a requirement for the registration of any vehicle in Victoria. It covers you for personal injuries you may cause to a third party as the result of an accident involving your vehicle.

Bear in mind that this is the most basic, minimum requirement of vehicle insurance and will not protect you against damage to your car or any other vehicle or property involved in the accident.


How is my CTP paid through my VicRoads registration?

Unlike in some other states, Victorian drivers don’t have a choice when it comes to their CTP insurance provider. Instead, the premium is included in your annual registration renewal fee and goes directly to the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), which is the sole insurer under the scheme.

The charge appears on your VicRoads renewal notice as ‘TAC Premium’ or, in some places, ‘TAC Charge’.

No CRB CHECK to Get INTEREST FREE LOAN via MPESA Go to – Or Get 200KSH(2USD) If u Register via this link – TELEGRAM GROUP/CHANNEL go to No CRB CHECK to Get INTEREST FREE LOAN via MPESA Go to - Or Get 200KSH(2USD) If u Register via this link - TELEGRAM GROUP/CHANNEL go to
- - -

When you register your vehicle for the first time, VicRoads will determine what TAC charge you need to pay.

The cost of your premium will vary according to several factors, such as:

  • Type of vehicle.
  • Registered owner (a discount may apply for eligible pensioners).
  • Intended use.
  • Seating capacity.
  • Carrying capacity.
  • Garaged location, which is determined by your postcode and will be one of three designated risk zones – high, medium or low.

An insurance duty set by the State Revenue Office is also included in the TAC charge.

What does CTP cover in Victoria?

The CTP you pay not only goes towards compensating people who have been injured in road accidents, but also helps fund accident prevention campaigns.

Compensation includes the reasonable cost of medical treatment, disability support, rehabilitation, income assistance, travel and household support. In one year alone, the TAC provided financial assistance to more than 45,000 injured Victorians in the form of treatment and income support while they got their lives back on track after accidents.

On average, the TAC pays out $150,000 for each death and $1,500,000 for each serious injury (for example, traumatic brain and spinal injuries) that happens on our roads. It will cover you for claims made against you by other road users such as drivers, passengers, cyclists, motorcyclists, pillion passengers and pedestrians.

However, it’s important to note that CTP insurance does not provide cover for damage to property, your vehicle or any other vehicles. It also does not cover you against fire, theft or vandalism.In

For this reason, it’s a good idea to take out Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party Property insurance in addition to CTP.

What if my vehicle is not registered in Victoria?

Any vehicle with current registration in another Australian state is automatically covered in Victoria by its relevant CTP insurance.

If your vehicle is registered overseas, it must have CTP cover before being driven on a public road in Victoria.

An unregistered vehicle being driven on private property (such as a farm) is not required to have CTP cover. However, it is still advisable, as it will ensure appropriate cover is provided if there is an accident.

You can apply for cover in specific situations such as these by contacting VicRoads or visiting a VicRoads service centre.

- - -

Looking for more cover? Get total peace of mind with a Comprehensive or Third Party policy. Start comparing car insurance policies now, or call iSelect HQ on 13 19 20 and let us help find you a policy with the features you need at a price that fits your budget.

487960895" data-auto-format="rspv" data-full-width="">
- No CRB CHECK to Get *INTEREST-FREE LOAN* if use my *Promo Code TJN8M* via MPESA. Go to , then use my Promo Code TJN8M to get *ksh 300 Off your* loan when paying Back No CRB CHECK to Get INTEREST FREE LOAN via MPESA Go to - Or Get 200KSH(2USD) If u Register via this link - 90% DISCOUNT on Everything Buy via this link POST ADS on this WEBSITE And Reach more than 40,000 PEOPLE PER DAY. START NOW and Sell Within Hours. Telegram news and jobs 👉👇​ MPESA LOANS go to MONEY HERE go to​ SHOP TILL U DROP via this link up 80% DISCOUNT on Everything!! Go to FREE 5 USD DAILY via MPESA by clicking this link OR then invite your friends and earn great COMMISSIONS *Telegram news and jobs* 👉👇 ​ *MPESA/LOGBOOK/TITTLE DEED LOANS* 👉 *WIN MONEY* 👇 ​ *Get Up to 90% DISCOUNT via Jumia,* *CLAIM* 👉

Spread the love
Tags :